Smartphones may be the most anticipated breed of mobile phones across the youth these days, but the exact user base of Smartphone users in developing nations like India is not more than 15 percent. The remaining 85 percent of user base, still relies on so called “dumb phones,” that boats only few features, or we can say what mobile phones are originally built for, calling and texting. But a majority of these 85 percent dumb phone users are now equipped with feature phones, a phone with basic mobile features along with access to multimedia content and internet while, the addition of Bluetooth connectivity is a plus.
Samsung, may be the leader in the global smartphone sales now a days but, the title for the king of mobile phones still remains with the once, biggest vendor of mobile phones from 1998 to 2012, the Nokia. In last few years, a majority of big mobile makers has officially stepped out of this dumb phone industry, including Motorola, LG, Sony, while the Nokia still dominated this segment, followed by the Samsung.